Today’s guest is Melbourne based Hip Hop photographer Michelle Grace Hunder. Michelle, a former model picked up her first camera when she was 31 and is now considered one of the most revered Australian Music Photographers.
Michelle has been invited as the official tour photographer for international Hip Hop acts and has been the Official Festival Photographer for “Come Together” at Sydney’s iconic Big Top at Luna Park for 4 consecutive years.
After shooting with literally every major player in the Australian Hip-Hip scene, Michelle has spent the last three years on a personal project called “Her Sound, Her Story” celebrating Women in Australian Music, across all genres,
By chance, I recognized that she is using the same portfolio builder for her homepage which is Format.com. Format is the nr.1 Portfolio builder and it comes with beautiful designs and is easy to set up. I got in contact with these guys and they offered me a 30 days free trial versions for my followers. So if you want to get your portfolio online within minutes, go to htbarp.com/freeportfolio and grab your free 1-month trial version.
In this interview, we’re talking about her career as a successful hip-hop photographer, how Michelle is using Instagram and Twitter to build relationships with artists and her approach when it comes down to shooting portraits in the studio.
In This Episode, You’ll learn
- about Michelle’s career as a successful hip-hop photographer
- why Twitter and Instagram are great platforms to connect with artists
- why we both love Format.com
- Best Camera For Photography: Nikon D750, Nikon D4s
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G
- Best Record Of All Time: Snoop Dogg – Doggystyle
- Music Photographer you admire: Jonathan Mannion
Follow Michelle Grace Hunder
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?