Wow, I can’t believe it! This is already episode 50! (listen to the other episodes here).
So far, it has been an incredible journey for me. Talking to all those awesome photographers who shared their experiences with us is just a dream. I already mentioned it a couple of times, but I’ll repeat it here again. The thing that keeps me sane doing all those interviews is my long-term goal to interview 100 of the best music photographers on this planet and finally writing a book about it. This has never been done before and I think it’ll be of great value for every music photographer out there. Image having the key finds of the best photographers in one book. It’ll help you to change your career immediately. This should become the go-to book for concert photographers worldwide and I am really excited to start writing. So far, we’re halfway through and I want to say a big thank you to all of you who supports my HTBARP project. I am so grateful for all your help and the friendships that have been built around the world are just amazing.
After this episode, I’ll take a short break and I’ll be back with new interviews in May.
Today’s guest is Mississippi based music photographer Jennifer Devereaux.
We’ll talk about how she manages her concert photography job with three kids and venues more than 2 hours away from her hometown. Jenn will explain how she balances her music and wedding work on social media and what challenges she has as a woman in the photo pit.
In This Episode, You’ll learn
- how Jennifer is managing her concert photography job with three kids
- how she balances her music and wedding photography on social media
- why she loves being a photographer
- Best Camera For Photography: Nikon 810
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200 f/2.8EFL ED VR
- Best Record Of All Time: Veruca Salt – Eight arms to hold you
- Music Photographer you admire: Tyler Twins, Coen Reese, Todd Owyoung
Follow Jennifer Devereaux
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?