Christie is a British photographer with a career that spans over 35 years. After obtaining a bachelor’s degree in art photography, she initially shot fashion assignments but soon got restless and left the fashion world behind her. For a good decade, she shot mainly fine art projects and held regular exhibitions to showcase her work as well she shot political news and editorials.
It wasn’t until 2005 when she was commissioned to shoot a live performance that she found her true calling. After this gig, she hung up her editorial hat and became a full-time music and entertainment photographer. Today Christie is in high demand as a tour and portrait photographer. She has worked with Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, One Direction, Paul McCartney and she recently published her new photo book about Superstar Ed Sheeran.
In this interview, Christie will give insights into her world and talks about challenges, successes and her dreams. This is a must listen for everyone who wants to learn from one of the best photographers out there.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- How she got into music photography
- How to build a portfolio and get work
- What are the pros and cons of being a music photographer
- Best Camera For Photography: Canon 5D Mark IV
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon 24-70mm L USM
- Best Record Of All Time: Guns N’ Roses – Use Your Illusion II
- Photographer, you admire: Baron Wolman
Follow Christie Goodwin
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?