Welcome, today’s guest is Toronto based Electronic Dance Music photographer William Selviz. I am really excited to have him on the show, cause we shared a similar story. William dropped out from school in order to live his passion and found his way into the entrepreneurial life, He founded an online music magazine called “RENDRD” where he provides a platform for upcoming musicians, photographers, and writers to get their career going. In addition, he shapes the electronic music scene in Toronto with his passion for his project.
What I love about his story is that he, like me, just did something nobody expected from them. He jumped into the cold water, figured out a way to be successful and stick to his plan.
With this interview, I want to give you the proof that also you can live your dreams when you find your mission in life and be consistent with your work. Being self-employed (in any field) is a marathon, not a sprint. You’ll have bad times and you’ll have a good time, but the most important point is to believe and trust in yourself.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- the challenges of being an Electronic Dance Music (EDM) photographer
- how to build your own online magazine
- why consistency is more important than talent
- how to become more confident and why you should believe in yourself
Follow William Selviz
Grab Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?