Today’s guest is New York-based music photographer Todd Owyoung.
I was looking forward to interviewing Todd for a long time. His homepage www.ishootshows.com was the first resource I found online when I started with concert photography about 10 years ago.
I met Todd in Brooklyn when I was touring with Shantel in 2014 and we spent an awesome night talking about our passion, dreams and the music photography business.
During our last chat, a lot has changed for both of us. Todd became a Nikon Ambassador, he recorded his concert photography course on Creative Live and switched to the mirrorless system. These are enough reasons why I wanted to have him on my Podcast show.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- Why it is important to work with passion
- How the community helps your success as a music photographer
- Why it is important to have a professional looking portfolio (website)
Creative Live class: Getting started in Music Photography
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!