Todays guest is Tim Thornton, guitarist and drummer of the UK band FINK.
I worked with Fink several times over the last 3 years and it’s been a fruitful collaboration. They used one of my concert photos in their live album “wheels turn beneath my feet”, I photographed their tourposter for their world tour in 2015 and I joined them for 3 days tour in Austria. Through these collaborations we became friends and I am excited Tim found the time to join my show.
Tim will reveal how he got started as musician and how Fink evolved from a students band to a successful indie band. We will talk about his life on tour, how he sees the music business as a musician and what factors are important for him when choosing to work with photographers.
Furthermore, Tim is also an author and we’ll dig into his first book „The Alternative Hero“, which The Guardian titled as „The indiest book of all time“ and he’ll talk about his crowdfunding campaign to get his 3rd book out.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- How Tim got started as a musician
- The story behind FINK
- About the music business from the point if a musician
- How to publish a book using crowdfunding
Follow Tim Thornton
Felix Romsey’s Afterparty: Crowdfunding Campaign
Felix Romsey’s Afterparty Facebook: @felixunbound
Tims other books on Amazon
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?