Welcome everybody to a new episode of the HTBARP Podcast
Today’s guest is California based music photographer Steve Rose.
We’ll talk about how he started his career by taking photos of his cat (and Steve even got published in a cat photography book), how he became one of the tour photographers of the band Journey and how to master the challenge when shooting the same concert every evening on a tour.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- How to start your career as a photographer
- How to become a tour photographer for a “big name” band
- How to master the challenges when shooting the same concert every evening on a tour
- Best Camera For Photography: Sony a7III
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: 24-70mm f/2.8 G
- Best Record Of All Time: The Beatles – Abbey Road
- Photographer you admire: Danny Clinch
Follow Steve Rose
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?