I had the pleasure to chat with Detroit based music photographer Mr. Scott Legato. In this episode, it´s all about shooting for an agency. And Scott is not working for any agencies but for the biggest out there: Getty Images. With more than 50 000 photos on Getty, Scott is one of the hardest working guys I know of.
He will reveal his complete workflow and gives insights when working with an agency. Scott will teach how to sell your photos and his 5 rules every concert photographer should know about.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- Scott´s workflow when shooting for Getty Images
- how to behave in the photo pit
- his 5 rules that every concert photographer should know of
- Best Camera for Concert Photography: Canon 5D Mark IV
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM
- Favorite Record of all time: Led Zeppelin – Physical Graffiti
- Favorite Music Photographer: Neil Zlozower , Ken Settle , Chris Schwegler , Jim Marshall ,
Follow Scott Legato
Getty Images: Portfolio
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!