My guest today is Austin based music photographer Pooneh Ghana. She started her career by taking photos of musicians with cheap plastic cameras which she uploaded on flickr. This eventually led to her first festival assignment for a blog where she only used a polaroid camera for her band portraits.
Nowdays, her clients include NMA, Pitchfork, The Rolling Stone Magazine, Red Bull , VICE and many more.
In this episode Pooneh is going to reveal how to get into a tour bus and tour with bands, her approach on shooting backstage portraits on festivals and why she still shoots polaroids.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- How Pooneh started out as photographer using plastic cameras
- How to get into a tour bus
- Her approach for portraits on festivals
- How to work for media outlets such as NME, The Rolling Stone Magazine, Red Bull and many more
- Why Ponneh is still shooting Polaroids
Follow Pooneh Ghana
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?