Peter Neill is a London based music photographer and former IT professional. He is also Head of Content at “Be-Hookd”, a social media agency that helps musicians with their social media presence.
In this episode, Peter will talk about how he landed his first concert photography job for U2, how he felt when he was working with one of his livelong idols Queen and what he loves about when shooting for The Script. Peter will reveal his approach when shooting portraits and we`ll discuss why social media is becoming more important than ever for bands and concert photographers. Furthermore he’ll talk his best tips for using Twitter and the importance of using the right hashtags.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you get started to work with bands such as U2, The Script, and Queen?
- What is your approach when shooting band portraits?
- How did you become the head of content at “Be-Hookd”, a social media agency
- What are your favorite social media channels and why?
- What makes a great live music photo?
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- Why you have to give when you want to get
- How to approach bands
- Insights into Peters Portrait work with the Script
- How to use Twitter to build a following
- Why you should market yourself in unique ways to stand out as a concert photographer nowadays
Facebook: Shoot The Sound
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?