In this episode, I´ll discuss with Per Ole Hagen how to deal with rights grabbing contracts and how the guys in Norway found a way to fight against these stupid restrictions.
So, let´s think about it. When bands like FooFighters and Megadeath using rights grabbing contracts all over the world, but they drop them in Norway, we sure can learn from our colleagues.
Therefore this interview can be the basis for a paradigm shift in the concert photography business. For me, it´s important that you understand exactly what those rights grabbing contracts are and why you should never sign them.
Per will reveal the Norwegian way on how to deal with rights grabbing contracts and talks about solutions and challenges in our industry.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- All about rights grabbing photography contracts
- Why you should never sign such a contract
- What we as a concert photography community can do against it
- a solution that the guys in Norway are using to shoot bands without any contracts
Follow Per Ole Hagen
Grab Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?