Today’s guest is New Zealand born and Las Vegas-based music photographer and filmmaker Maryanne Bilham.
She is an award-winning photographer with 30 years of industry expertise spanning 4 continents. Best known for subjects including rock ‘n’ roll musicians, celebrities, and high-end advertising campaigns
Maryanne moved to Hong Kong in the mid-’80s where she produced photography campaigns for Asia’s top advertising agencies and music companies. When Bilham moved to Los Angeles in the mid-’90s, she formed a business with husband (rock photographer) Robert M Knight (you can listen to Roberts interview in Episode 71).
The highlight for Maryanne includes the photography campaign for Def Leppard for the Kiss/Def Leppard summer tour in 2014 and in 2017 she was commissioned by Sony Legacy to photograph Carlos & Cindy Santana & the Isley Bros for POWER OF PEACE album release.
In this interview, Maryanne will share her stories as a professional photographer working in New Zealand, Hong Kong and Las Vegas. We will talk about her approach when working with bands directly and why she loves to expand her horizon as a filmmaker.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- why you always should go the extra mile
- how to work with bands directly
- why Maryanne loves being a filmmaker
- Best Camera For Photography: Canon 5D Mk3
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon 24-105mm f/4 II USM
- Best Record Of All Time: Tears For Fears – Elemental
- Photographer, you admire:
Follow Maryanne Bilham
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?