Today’s guest is England based music photographer Luke Curtis.
Luke is one of these guys, like myself, who likes to share his thoughts about photography and how to get started.
We will talk about why you should shoot for free, especially in the beginning to build your portfolio. Luke is going to talk about how to deal with negativity. Some people might blame you for not asking for money. But, sometimes it´s better to think out of the box. And Luke will reveal his approach when it comes down to build your portfolio.
In This Episode, You’ll learn
- why you should shoot for free
- how the build your portfolio
- how to transition from free gigs to paid ones
- Best Camera For Concert Photography: Sony a7RII
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART DG HSM
- Best Record Of All Time: Armand van Helden – You don´t know me
- Favorite Music Photographer: Ryan Dinham
Follow Luke Curtis
Youtube: Luke Curtis
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?