Kevin RC Wilson is a New York based music photographer and former media and marketing professional. He also owns a tattoo studio and was the curator of an art gallery called “Sacred Gallery” for the last 7 years.
In this episode, Kevin will talk about how his tattoo studio helped him to get in contact with bands such as Misfits, Jane’s Addiction and Lamb of God. Why you should never act like a fangirl/boy and how he landed his ambassador deals with companies such as Think Tank, Black Rapid and Carl Zeiss. Furthermore we’ll discuss the best marketing tips and social media platforms for concert photographers.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you get started to work with bands such as Misfits, Jane’s Addiction and Lamb of God?
- Tell me more about your tattoo studio and your art gallery
- How did you get involved to become an ambassador for Think Tank, Black Rapid and Carl Zeiss?
- What makes a great live music photo?
- What are your favorite social media channels?
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- Why you should stay humble
- Why you shouldn´t act like a fangirl/boy
- How donate your work for a good cause
- What you should do first before you approach a company for ambassadorship
- The best marketing approaches for concert photogoraphers
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?