Today’s guest is California based live music film producer, studio engineer, photographer, and designer Julie Gardner.
In her long recording career as a studio engineer Julie have worked with some of the most successful recording artists and bands today, among them Neil Young, Van Morrison, Stephen Stills, Elvis Costello, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Gary Moore, Deep Purple, John Legend, The Cranberries and many more.
In 2009, Julie began photographing Neil Young both on tour and behind-the-scenes on his travels around the world and you have created the largest collection of recent Neil Young images available.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- What it is like to work with big names like Elton John, Eric Clapton, Deep Purple etc
- How to transition from a daily job to music photography
- How to get a tour gig as a personal artist photographer
Follow Julie Gardner
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?