My guest today is Melbourne based music and street photographer John Raptis.
John built a strong brand identity and we are going to focus on this important aspect today.
Nowadays it’s not enough to shoot only great photos, rather you have to build your own brand. Which is definitely not easy.
Therefore we’ll talk about the best approach to get your first logo, the key ingredients every brand needs to have, how you can self-publish your photo books and what you need to take care of, that you’re not sued by any bands.
In This Episode, You’ll learn
- how John built his brand
- how he self-published 4 photography books
- Johns post-production approach for his concert work
- Best Camera For Concert Photography: Canon 5D Mark II
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8 II USM
- Best Record Of All Time: Black Sabbath – Heaven and Hell
- Favorite Music Photographer: Bob Gruen, Ross Halfin
Follow John Raptis
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?