In this episode, I am chatting with Jack Lue who started his music photography career as the first photographer of Guns N Roses back in the 80’s.
Jack will share his stories back in the days of Sex, Drugs, and Rock N Roll, we’ll discuss how the music business changed and why he shot all 73 bands on the Vans Warped tour in one day.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- how Jack started out as Guns N Roses’ photographer
- how the music business changed in the last 30 years
- Jacks approach when it comes down to shoot festivals
- Best Camera For Concert Photography: Canon 5D Mark III
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8
- Best Record Of All Time: Guns N Roses – Appetite For Destruction
- Favorite Music Photographer: Neil Zlozower
Follow Lue Jack
Grab Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?