After Christie Goodwins Podcast interview she reached out to me and said, get Ester Segarra on your show, she is a master in her field and I am really excited that Ester found the time during her hectic schedule to join me on my Podcast.
If you’re a metal fan, chances are very good that you have already seen some of Esters work on album covers or magazine covers of the most famous heavy, doom death, and black metal bands.
In this interview, we’re talking about her incredible portrait work and how she comes up with inspirations for her photos, the making of her book “Ars Umbra” and why it has its own soundtrack.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- What it is like to be a woman photographer in a heavy metal scene
- How to get your work published for metal magazines
- What it takes to publish a photo book with soundtrack
- Best Camera For Photography:Nikon D3s
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8
- Best Record Of All Time: Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath
Follow Ester Segarra
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?