Today’s guests are Ed Greenberg and Jack Reznicki better known as The Copyright Zone guys.
Ed Greenberg has been a litigator practising in New York City for over thirty years, has represented some of the top photographers in the business.
The great thing about Ed is, that he goes to court and tries real cases in front of actual judges and juries.
Jack Reznicki is an internationally renowned commercial people and children photographer based in New York City. Jack’s creative problem solving has helped promote products and services for many companies such as Toys “R” Us, Hyatt, Kodak, and he shot several Time Magazine covers.
In the past, Jack has served as President of Professional Photographers of America (PPA), President of the New York chapter of Advertising Photographers of America (APA), and served as Board Member of ASMP/NY (American Society of Media Photographers). He is one of the original “Canon Explorers of Light”, an “Epson Stylus Pro”, and a Sandisk “Photo Master”.
So, these guys know what they are talking about.
Because the business side of concert photography is so important, I wanted to cover as much as possible. After talking 90min to Ed and Jack, my head was spinning and therefore I decided to split this episode into 2 parts to get the most out of it.
In Part 1 of the interview (which is the one you’re listening right now) we’ll talk about why you should always do a copyright registration of your photos. Never heard about this? Me neither, but registering the copyright of your photos is so substantial that I made sure to cover this topic in detail. Furthermore, Ed and Jack present how to write a proper invoice and what information you need to provide your client.
In Part 2 of our interview which will be out next week, we’re exploring the questions that you can legally do with your photos once you want to sell them.
Sit back, grab some pen and paper and get ready to learn the nuts and bolts of the photography business.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- Why it is important to register your photos
- How to write a proper invoice to your clients
- Why it is a good idea to ask for legal advice
Follow Ed and Jack
Jack’s Website: www.reznicki.com
Ed’s Website: www.greenbergiplaw.com
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!