Todays guest is New York based music and lifestyle photographer Drew Gurian,
He got his start in the industry traveling the world with world-renowned photographer, Joe McNally for five years, as his first assistant and right-hand man. He was travelling close to half a million miles in the air, he assisted Joe with client shoots, workshops and conferences around the world, working with tens of thousands of people.
I am pretty excited that Drew found the time to sit down with me and discuss his photography approach when it comes down to portraits and concerts shots. We talk about his collaboration with Mumford and Sons, how to survive in the photography business and which marketing approach Drew takes to stay on top of the game.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- Why New York is the number 1 city for photographers
- How Drew became the assistant of the famous JoeMcNally and what he learned from him
- Why he is working on the intersection of music and lifestyle photography
- About his collaboration with Mumford&Sons
- Drews’ approach when shooting portraits of famous artists
- What defines an awesome photo
- Why Instagram is Drews go-to social media channel
Follow Drew Gurian
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?