Today’s guest is German and LA-based music photographer Dominic Pencz and since he is born in 1993 we decided to release this interview as episode 93 as well.
Dominic decided early on to expand his music photography business to Los Angels and worked with bands like Kiss and Halloween. In this interview, we are going to talk about behind the scenes of the music photography business and about Dominic’s new documentary which will be out soon.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- Why every concert photographer says “Start with small bands”
- What does it take to be a successful concert photographer
- Why it is important to build relationships with bands before doing tours
- Best Camera For Photography: Leica M10, Canon 5D Mark IV
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!