So, let´s get to todays guest it´s my friend and awesome music photographer Dana Distortion from New York. I met Dana the first time in Buenos Aires, Argentina, when we both were part of the Highlights exhibition in 2016. Sometimes you meet a person for the first time and you have the feeling you know each other already for a long time. This was the case with Dana and we became close friends.
This episode is the most inspirational (at leat for me) so far. Dana will talk about how to fight challenges as music photographer, but also as a human being in general. She will reveal what’S her motivation to do the things she loves the most. We’ll talk about why man struggle as much as women in the field of music photography, about her work for the Japanese band Babymetal and how she came up with the idea to use a step stool in the photo pit. (and by the way started a movement). Why she loves wearing Band T shirts, and how she started her own fashion label.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How is the music scene in Israel?
- How do you deal with drawbacks?
- How did you became successful in a male dominated industry?
- How was your tour with Baby Metal?
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- Why you should “f*cking do it” in order to live your dreams
- How to deal with challenges as music photographer and general in your life
- Why Dana started the step stool movement
- How to start your own fashion label
Follow Dana Distortion
Fashion Label: www.distortionunplugged.com
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?