This is already my 45th interview for my show and so far it has been an awesome journey. Personally, it still feels like a dream to talk to the best music photographers on this planet and learn from their experiences. And I have to admit I am still nervous before every interview, which is a good sign, cause then I am 100% focused and try to deliver the best show I can. So, thanks so much to everyone who joins me on this crazy project and listens to my podcast. Without you, this project could have never been such a success.
Let me introduce my guest for today: Mr. Brian Rasic.
Born in Yugoslavia, Brian began his career photographing local acts, and touring bands from abroad, in his hometown of Belgrade in the early seventies. He moved to London in 1979 and over the years has trained his lens on artists from every genre of popular music, including rock, pop, jazz, country, and blues.
A dedicated fan of The Rolling Stones, Brian has covered their shows since the early 80’s, capturing some exceptional moments along the way.
In February 2006 he was the Stones’ official photographer at their biggest-ever gig, in front of 2 million people on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.
Brian also worked with his personal heroes such as David Bowie and David Gilmour, who have also entrusted him with being their official photographer.
We talked about how the music business changed and of Cours his experiences with the biggest Rock Stars.
In This Episode, You’ll learn
- how Brian started his career as a concert photographer
- the story behind touring with The Rolling Stones
- who started with the “3 Songs, No Flash” rule back in the 80’s
- about working with David Bowie
- Best Camera For Photography: Nikon D4S
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: NIKKOR 70–200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
- Best Record Of All Time: Rolling Stones – Let It Bleed
- Music Photographer you admire: Jim Marshall, Baron Wolman, Henry Diltz
Follow Brian Rasic
Working with Getty Images as contributor photographer
Facebook personal: @brasic1
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?