Today´s guest is New York based wedding and music photographer Brian Friedman.
I first bumped into his name a couple of years ago when I was reading his article on F Stoppers on how he went from part time to full time music photographer. Brian shared his 7 top tips including “You have to believe in yourself. When you do this dreams can and do come true”. I totally agree on this, because I had similar experiences and therefore I wanted to have Brian on the show to discuss this topic in more detail
In addition, Brian gives us a reality check on how the photography business really works and why we all have to hustle in order to be successful. He will share his stories when he met celebrities such as Lady Gaga and Barack Obama and he will explain why you should find your own vision.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn
- about Brians biggest challenges when he started out as a music photographer
- how you can start living your dream
- about his 7 tips from part time to full-time photographer
- Brians behind the scenes story with Lady Gaga
- Best Camera for Concert Photography: Nikon D750
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED
- Favorite Record of all time: Pet Metheny: “Secret Story”
Follow Brian Friedman
Grab Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?