We reached episode 60 and after more than 1,5 years working hard on my podcast, I had the great pleasure to interview one of the most well-known rock-and-roll photographers alive: Mr. Bob Gruen.
Imagine documenting the beginning of Rock N Roll in New York including artists such as Iggy Pop, Blondie, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, KISS, Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Alice Cooper and many more sounds very exciting to me. And I guess for a lot of you who are listening right now a dream would come true if you could have experienced what Bob experienced in his career.
Bob became close friends with John Lennon & Yoko Ono and his photos are known as the most iconic and most used photos of our time.
He toured with The Sex Pistols and The Clash in a tour bus and Bob published a couple of great photo books. In 2011 the full-length documentary “Rock ‘N’ Roll Exposed: The Photography of Bob Gruen” came out, which tells the story of a remarkable career of someone who was living the Rock N Roll lifestyle as a photographer.
This episode is the longest so far, but I couldn’t stop listening to all the amazing stories and valuable tips Bob shared with me in this interview.
Grab yourself a tea and join me on Bobs journey to become one of the most famous music photographers on this planet.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- What it takes to become good friends with an artist like John Lennon
- How to publish a photo book
- How it’s like to live a Rock N Roll lifestyle as a photographer
- Best Camera For Photography: Canon 5D Mark III
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon EF 35-350mm f/3.5-5.6L
- Best Record Of All Time: Miles Davis – Kind Of Blue
- Music Photographer you admire: Jim Marshall
Follow Bob Gruen
Facebook: Bob Gruen
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?