During the last 60 episodes, I interviewed a lot of music photographers who don’t only shoot stills, but also video. Almost everyone started out with a DSLR camera and special circumstances like touring with a band got them into filming. Since I am not a videographer I wanted to provide some insights into this exciting world.
Therefore I interviewed Bela Molnar who is a director, producer, and photographer specializing in documentaries, music videos and live events filming,
He has been nominated for an MTV Video Music Award in New York for a music video he did for Moby and Bela was in charge of 24 film cameras when shooting a performance of Jamiroquai. So this guy knows what he is talking about.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- How to get nominated for MTV Video Music Awards
- How importants is storytelling
- What it takes to make a good music video
- Best Camera For Photography: Canon 5D Mark II
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6
- Best Record Of All Time: Depeche Mode – Enjoy The Silence
- Music Photographer you admire: Anton Corbijn
Follow Bela Molnar
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?