Today’s guest is my buddy Adam Elmakias. He was one of the first names I wrote down on my Podcast guest dream list and I am excited he found the time to share his experiences with me.
It doesn’t matter if you know Adam from his work, being a social media star with 416 000 followers on Instagram or if you ordered one of his camera wristbands. This interview is for you if you want to get a behind the scenes look of being a pro music photographer.
Adam will talk about how he started his career as a tour photographer and he’ll share his best tips and tricks to become one. We’ll discuss how important marketing really is for a photographer and why we both love giving back to the concert photography community. Speaking about community, if you like my htbarp project, please add the hashtag #htbarp to your concert photos on Instagram. We reached 235 000 awesome photos and you’ll get the chance to get published in the upcoming issue of my online publication called “Werkschau”. Let’s help to grow the coolest Instagram gallery for concert photos, by using #htbarp.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- How to start a career as a tour photographer
- How important it is doing good marketing
- Why is it important to give back to the community
- Best Camera For Photography: Canon 5D Mk III
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Sigma 120-300 f/2.8
- Best Record Of All Time: Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago
- Photographer you admire: Collin Hughes
Follow Adam Elmakias
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?