Recently Alex left a comment on Instagram saying “Can you get David Fearn aka shit show Dave on the podcast? it would be great to see the other side of concert photography, the guys who shoot shows that rarely have a pit and can shoot the whole show. And how it is to deal with crazy crowds!”
Sure. I can Alex!
Today’s guest is Los Angeles based music photographer Dave “Shitshow” Fearn, Dave committed to documenting the dark underground punk/rock scene instead of Hollywood celebrities and shooting big stadium shows.
In this interview, we’ll talk about his personal journey from being a pro sports photographer who was never touched by his own work, why he is giving it all for the local music community and Dave will explain why he started to publish his own magazine.
In this Episode, You’ll learn
- about Daves transformation from a sports photographer to becoming a music photog
- why he is shooting only for his personal pleasure
- why Dave is so passionate about the underground rock/punk scene in LA
- Best Camera For Photography: Canon 6D
- Best Lens For Concert Photography: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Best Record Of All Time: Sleep – Dopesmoker
- Music Photographer you admire: Sacha Lecca, A.F. Cortes, Coen Rees
Follow Dave Shitshow Fearn
Get Your Exclusive Content
Don’t forget! You can support me on Patreon. For $5/mo you’ll gain access to HTBARP content that you cannot get anywhere else, including special videos, exclusive announcements, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of my podcasts.
Download my free Podcast App
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on the “Subscribe” button and you’re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
Do you want to become a Concert Photographer?