Hi and welcome to my How To Become a Rockstar Photographer Podcast. I’m thrilled you´re here! In Episode 0 I want to talk about why I started this project and what´s in it for you.
In April 2014, I started my project „How To Become A Rockstar Photographer“. I wrote about my struggles and experiences as a concert photographer beginner, cause I wanted to help people to live their passion too. Over the next few years, my blog grew rapidly and I currently reach over 250 000 passionate concert photographers in 100+ countries.
Going through hundreds of emails and comments, I realised that almost everyone experiences struggles in this industry. It´s hard to decide which equipment and camera settings you should use when starting out as concert photographer, it´s challenging to get Photo passes for the big shows, it´s almost impossible to shoot directly for your idols and making money as concert photographer seems to be a dream everyone is chasing but only a few photographers are able to achieve.
This made me think. How valuable would it be to learn from the best and most influential music photographers on this planet? Hear their secrets, struggles, successes and crazy stories from their Rockstar life in order to help you kickstart your career as concert photographer.
But what’s the best format to make it in, which you can easily listen to whilst you´re driving your car, during your workout or walking the dogs? A podcast was the solution and I’m so grateful that you´re listening to it right now.
Here is my Vision for the HTBARP Podcast
I committed myself to interview 100 of the coolest music photographers around the world and getting the best information about concert photography delivered to you in this podcast.
I´ll talk with my guests
- about working with the most famous bands such Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Queen, Motley Crue and many more
- We’ll discuss rights-grabbing contracts
- if you should work for free
- how to self-publish your own concert photography book
- which social media channels are crushing it right now for you
- and many more
And these are just a few of the topics I’m going to reveal. These interviews will be jam packed with awesome information which you won´t find anywhere else.
In addition, I’m going to interview musicians, music managers and lawyers in the music industry to get a better understanding of how this business works and how we, as photographers, can fit into it.
These interviews will be 40-60min long and they´ll be the real shit (including swear words). They won´t be super polished studio recordings as my guests are on tour all around the world and we did Skype calls in backstage rooms, tattoo studios and public spots to name a few.
However, I took care that the sound quality is the best I could get for you.
I’m launching with 3 episodes, then I plan to go to 1 episode per week. This will keep your time listening to my podcast short and sweet and It´ll keep me sane coming up with new interviews.
This is a project of concert photographers giving back to the community and I would love to get your feedback. Send me your ideas, requests, complaints to email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
Review my Podcast and help out the show:
- Leave an honest review in iTunes. Once you listened to an episode, follow the iTunes link here and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click on “Ratings and Reviews” on the HTBARP Podcast Page. Your ratings and reviews will help my Podcast to reach even more people. I am interested in your honest feedback and I read each one.
- Subscribe in iTunes. To subscribe in iTunes, visit the How To Become A Rockstar Photographer Podcast page and click the blue “View in iTunes” button. This will launch iTunes on your computer and bring up the podcast. Click ton the “Subscribe” button and you’Re all set.
Special Thanks to The Overalls for providing their awesome music!
You want to become a Concert Photographer?